At Farmdesk, we are looking for an enthusiastic colleague to become the lead developer of our IT team. We develop innovative, digital products for feed management at dairy farms, from seed to milk.
Our products are fully cloud-native and use proven, yet state-of-the-art technology and infrastructure. In all our digital endeavours we seek reliable, modern and scalable solutions and architectures that provide our customers with uninterrupted, high-standard services.
- Lead developer of the software team, consisting of 5 FTE in-house and external developers
- Report progress to management
- Translate new product features in product design guidelines
- Write backend code (python, Django) and follow-up frontend code (Angular)
- Implement mathematical models
- Be responsible for (cloud) system management, maintenance and security
- Excellent analytical skills: translating domain questions and challenges into well-architected technical solutions is what excites you.
- Team-players with a passion for collaborative product development.
- Ambition to grow and lead in an expanding team.
- Good communication skills: you’re the technology lead; but you make sure everyone understands you.
- Attention to details: our customers have it; we have it; you should too.
- A passion for technology and a curious mind.
Your technical skills
- Good Python development skills.
- Candidates should be familiar with backend development in Python (e.g. Django, Flask, …) as well as more general background knowledge on development of RESTful APIs, including related technologies.
- Good grasp on the general security aspects concerning software running in the cloud.
- Focus on quality and reliability: understanding the importance of testing and designing resilient architectures that minimise disruptions.
- Some level of familiarity with SQL database systems.
- Practical knowledge of designing and developing cloud-based solutions. Experience with Amazon Web Services is a clear advantage.
- Proficiency with Linux-based systems and system management is a big plus.
- Experience with systems for version control (Git) and general DevOps, CI/CD, containerization etc. is implied.
- Some familiarity with frontend development (Angular, React, Vue, …).
- Experience with Agile / Scrum-based development methodologies is advantageous.
- Good salary + extras
- Full-time occupation
- Flexible working conditions (including working from home)
- Possibility to grow with us in our (internationally) expanding scale-up
- Nice office in a hip area (Spaces - Antwerp), very close to train station Antwerpen Berchem
If you are interested, please send an e-mail to email@example.com